With the new technology that has been developed, life in the gym or working out has never been easier. In this article, we look at a few examples of this tech that you can use to help stay fit and live a healthy life.
Technology has made our fitness enjoyable with the innovation of Smart Watches. They come in different designs and different brands. Some come with fitness tracking and health-oriented capabilities. We will be comparing the different brands as they have different features.
The Apple watch series which first came out in April 2015 started what we would call a rollercoaster in the fitness technology. We have the latest series5 which now has a partnership with the Giant Athletic company in the world NIKE(here is our review https://applecenter.co.ke/apple-watch-series-5-nairobi-kenya/).
- It comes with an ECG (electrocardiogram) app which measures the electroactivity of the heartbeat
- A heart rate sensor
- A workout app that adds modes to track a huge list of activities like swimming, running, hiking, cycling. With more third-party apps you get more info.
- A built-in compass and GPS tracking which is ideal for hiking
One of the downsides to the series is the battery life which is about 18 hours.
As the name suggests, Fitbit tends to lean towards fitness tracking than being your average smartwatch but still functions as smartwatch nonetheless. With their latest output the Fitbit Versa 2, aside from its affordable pricing compared to the smartwatches coming out lately.
- The Fitbit versa 2 has an incredible battery life of up to four days.
- It also has on-device music storage you won’t have to carry your phone everywhere just for music.
- Fitbit has amazing insight on fitness tracking and health monitoring but the downside to this is that with the new Fitbit Versa 2 the insight is limited and you have to pay a subscription to access the important fitness insights.
Garmin’s main product could be its extensive line of GPS fitness tracking watches. In terms of fitness features on smartwatches, they are said to be unrivalled. This might be the case with the coming put out of the Garmin Vivoactive 4.
- It comes with its storage meaning you can store music on it
- Its got advanced sleep-tracking features.
- It has a 5ATM water resistance rating
- Stress tracking
- Sensors: GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Garmin Elevate heart rate sensor, barometric altimeter, compass, gyroscope, accelerometer, thermometer
- It also comes with a coach(Garmin coach)
Coming with all these features is a battery-life of 8 days which is incredible in my book. The downside to this is that its social features aren’t that great which may not be a problem for us fitness enthusiasts. The price tag may be bit steep but with the features, it comes with I’d say its worth it.
Everyone who’s been through a workout session whether at home, outside or in the gym knows how important music is in working out. Music gives people morale to run that extra mile or do that extra push up or sit up and it helps set the pace. Therefore the gear that you use to access music when working can greatly determine your workout session.
In terms of efficiency, they aren’t the best for working out or even doing rigorous movements like sprinting or working a treadmill. This because the wires tend to get in the way which could throw you off-balance if yanked out and be very dangerous when working a treadmill. In terms of acoustics, they are the best so far not by much though so fitness-wise this isn’t a big deal. However, they don’t need to charge which is a plus for forgetful people.
These are truly wireless earphones that come with adjustable, secure-fit ear hooks so they won’t fall off. They have a playback of up to 9 hours so its good for long workout sessions. Powerbeats pros are sweat and water-resistant but they aren’t sweatproof or waterproof.
- You get full audio control from your headsets so you won’t have to keep reading for your every time you want to turn the volume up or change the music.
They also have a quick charge time.5 minutes of charging gives you up to 1.5 hours of charge time. For more info about it click here https://applecenter.co.ke/apples-power-beats-pro-worth-consideration/
Like the Powerbeats pro, AirPods are also truly wireless although they don’t come with secure hooks so they might fall off when you are a sprinting especially with people with small ear size. Although it has been said that the AirPods pro seems to solve this issue. As comfortable and convenient as they are, AirPods come at a steep price compared to other wireless earbuds.
If you are having a workout session outside with your friends for gym buddies then wireless speakers are the way to go. They are portable and loud enough with a nice bass depending on the brand. You can configure everything on your phone and it brings the whole group together.
For all those people who like to record themselves while working out to evaluate their performance later or just capturing the moment. You can use a tripod stand to hold either your camera and phone. Some phones’ cameras come with a slow-motion feature which is a favourite.